Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a fantastic day! I was thinking about my family back in North Carolina. I miss them on holidays, even though it has been several years since we have been home for one. We had a very nice Thanksgiving here in Connecticut in any case. I made monkey bread for breakfast (had to start that terrible eating early in the day!) and we laid around in our pajamas watching the Macy's parade all morning. Then it was time to start cooking and getting ready for the big feast! We ate with some friends....there were 33 of us in total. I will miss our CT friends for sure after we move. We have spent so many holidays together now that it will be weird not being together next year. I think that it is only in the military that you can meet someone, and then just a short while later feel like they are a part of your family. Thank goodness the Internet makes it so easy to keep in touch these days. And who knows....maybe we will meet some of our old friends at duty stations again in the future.


Anyway, here are the little turkeys Beth, Matt, and Carrie made this year. Aren't they cute? I call those three my little turkeys all year around, so this project seemed very fitting. I love hearing the things they were thankful for. Some didn't surprise me at all - like Beth naming her kitties, lol. Some I was impressed it - like family, church, and God's world. Some just made me laugh - like a certain child who is thankful for dinosaurs.
Photobucket

And here is my tiny Katy Ann....all tuckered out. I dipped her binks in some candied yams this afternoon. She sucked it sooo hard, and just would not spit it out. I don't think she is quite ready to eat off a spoon though. Maybe next month!
Photobucket

No comments: