Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Home Again :)

We had a wonderful visit to North Carolina and Virginia last week. It is never easy taking such a long trip with four little kids, but I have to say that my kids all travel pretty well. Unfortunately we did have one get sick on the way down (she had a fever and was throwing up, poor thing) but at least no one else got it. My brother-in-laws wedding was beautiful, and little Miss Beth made a very cute flower girl. We also enjoyed seeing lots of family we have not seen in several years.

Photobucket

After 10 days on the road we were all happy to roll back up to our own home this weekend. Now if I could only catch up on laundry, unpacking, and all of our regular housework.... Katy still wants me to hold her 24/7 so it is very hard to get much of anything done during the day. I feel like I should be some kind of baby expert at this point, but it turns out each baby has been totally different. I feel like my holding her so much we are just teaching her to expect that, but on the other hand she gets SO upset when we do put her down that I feel terrible. She dislikes her swing, her bouncy seat, and the sling I have. I just bought her a bumbo chair and a different carrier today to try. Have you ever met such a spoiled little princess? I figure I will just have to do the best I can for now, and this time next year she will be up and running all over the place anyway. I'm not sure how that is going to equal LESS housework...but at least I'll be able to get off the couch and get to work, lol.

No comments: