Thursday, August 9, 2012

Settling In

We are two weeks into our homeschool year, and are slowly working out all the kinks in our schedule. The biggest challenge so far has been keeping little Miss Katy happy and out of the big kids' work. She usually does pretty well, but it seems that she has decided school work takes away from her level of attention and steals her playmates, so she would like it to cease. Today the weather was pretty pleasant so I moved our school time out to the front yard. She loved it. I wish we could do school outside everyday. Maybe we can do a good chunk of it outside, at least until the weather turns cold. The only toddler related mishap we had today was that she ate ten (yes - ten!) sugar cubes I had set out for a science project. And then washed them down with some coffee. Oh Katy! Just what my toddler tornado needs. Also no one could find any orange crayons while they were drawing. I found Katy holding four of them plus one orange colored pencil. I guess that is her favorite color. Now I know! I managed to trade her the crayons for a new container of bubbles. All in all, things are going pretty well. In a few weeks, Carrie will start her part-time preschool program, and Matt and Beth will be begin their swim lessons, soccer practices, and co-op days. I'm glad we decided to start school early so we could used to that before adding in all our other activities. Despite the business (or maybe because of the business) autumn is always my favorite season. We have so many fun things to look forward to. Somehow even with the 95 degree weather, and ongoing pool trips, my mind is already headed for the season change.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: