Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My four little ones

When Matt and I started our family. we always knew that we wanted a house full of children. We also knew that we wanted to have them close in age. When Katy was born, we had had four children in five years, and that was by no means easy. For us though, it has been worth it. We move so often that our children won't have any childhood or lifelong friends. Not in the way most kids can anyway. What they do have is each other. They share the memories of our homes inConnecticut, Mississippi, and DC. When their Daddy is away they know we are still family. We still work together, play together, and keep things going. I love that Katy is now old enough to be included in most things they do. I never have to say "play with your sister." It is just a given that she belongs with them. Last week I found this note taped to Matt's door. The "invite list" included Beth, Matt, Carrie, Katy, and their cat Waffles. No Mommy and Daddy! I just had to laugh. How I would love to be a fly on the wall and find out what their top secret mission involved.

Photobucket