Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sick Day

I feel like we have spent the entire month of February with some illness or another. I guess that's to be expected with three kids in school this year. In any case, I'm hoping that this latest bug will be the last for a while (a long while!), and that we'll make a fresh start with March.

Our problems started last night when Matthew threw up on the way home from church. He does get car sick sometimes, though not usually on such short drives, so we weren't convinced he was even sick. A few hours and loads of laundry later, we knew for sure that it was not motion sickness that had gotten to him. I got him settled down into bed, and was doing a pretty good job of keeping him comfortable as well as handling the constant laundry and other unpleasant clean-up. (Car seats are the worst!) But then I heard another little voice down the hall calling "Moooommmy...." And after that it all went downhill. In the end I was glad to see morning roll around so I could just make some coffee and leave that sleepless night behind me. And wouldn't you know that the kids seem just fine today. They're not eating much, and seem a bit tired, but at this point they look better than I do.

We were blessed with a beautiful sunny day, and I wasted no time in opening every window in the house. I bathed the kids again, washed and put away the last of the laundry, and was glad when the smell started to dissipate. The stomach flu is hands down my least favorite part of caring for little kids. At least this week's sickies are old enough to hold a bucket or go to the restroom. Toddlers are even harder.

Here are the "sick" kids. They look pretty good, don't they? In light of our wonderful weather, I thought that some fresh air for everyone might be just the ticket. They are now down for a nap, and I am really hoping that this is the end of the stomach bug. I've had three kids that have had it so far, and one that has not.

Photobucket

No comments: